Meet Our Staff
LPGA Professional & Owner
- Nancy White has owned Mulligan’s Golf Center since March 2003. She is a Class A Member of the LPGA Teaching & Club Professional Division and also a Member of the LPGA Tournament Division. Nancy played on the LPGA Tour for 11 years from 1985-1995.
- After retiring from competitive play in the 1996, Nancy accepted the position of Head Golf Professional and General Manger of Ivy Hill Golf Club in Forest, Virginia. She remained in that position for 4 years.
- Nancy is a Certified Club Fitter, having attended many professional seminars and workshops including the Ping & Callaway Club Fitting Workshops. Nancy is a Ping Golf Staff Member.
- Nancy is originally from Prince Edward Island, Canada. She was inducted into the P.E.I. Sports Hall of Fame on May 5, 1980, as the youngest athlete ever inducted at 20 years old. In the 1979 Canada Winter Games, Nancy won one gold and four silver medals for speedskating. In 1980, she missed the Canadian Olympic Team for speedskating by a heartbreaking 11/100 of a second!
- Nancy’s interests away from the business of golf include RV camping, movies & reading.
Co-Owner & Director Of Instruction
- Wendy Kern is a graduate of James Madison University and has been in the Harrisonburg area for about 35 years. She is originally from Easton, Maryland. While at JMU, Wendy played for the Womens’ Golf Team and served as Captain of the team in 1989. Wendy has played golf for over 40 years, but her dream job is to teach others how to enjoy the game of golf for a lifetime.
- Wendy is a member of the LPGA, Class A Teaching & Club Professional and Top 50 Certified Operation 36 Coach. She is also Certified with US Kids and Positive Coaching Alliance.
- Having attended many professional seminars and workshops, Wendy is a Trackman Level 2 Certified Fitter and is also professionally certified by Callaway, Cleveland/Srixon, Cobra, Mizuno, Ping, Taylormade and Tour Edge.
- Wendy serves as a Staff Member with Callaway Golf
- Since 2006 Wendy has been the director of the Harrisonburg chapter of the USGA-LPGA Girls Golf Program in our area.
- In addition, Wendy hosts PGA Junior Camps as well as a Operation 36 classes and clinics.
- Wendy says, “My passion is teaching golf to all levels of ability. It is so rewarding to watch the game that I love grow through the advancement of young people, those just taking the game up as an interesting hobby, as well as those who have been in love with golf for years.”
- In addition to golf, Wendy’s interests are family, dogs and camping.
- Alex began his third career at Mulligans in June 2009. His first career was in the newspaper business, first as a sports writer and later as a copy editor.
- From 1990 to 2009, Alex taught in the Staunton and Augusta County school systems. He retired from teaching to pursue his passion – golf.
- Alex is learning daily about golf equipment and is eager to help fellow golfers in any way.
- Alex has been playing golf for 59 years (the golf gods have yet to give him a hole-in-one) and spends his spare time on any course or with his two sons and grandchildren.
- Joseph has been at Mulligan’s since March of 2019. Since then, in addition to his vast knowledge of equipment, Joseph has attended Trackman's certified training program and is a Level 2 Certified Trackman Club Fitter in addition to being certified with Callaway, Cleveland/Srixon, Cobra, Mizuno, Ping, Taylormade and Tour Edge. Joseph is on the professional staff with Mizuno.
- Joseph is one of our premier Club Repair specialists. He loves doing club repair and reshafting so that it is done correctly the first time and is the right fit for the golfer.
- Having started playing golf at the age of 12, Joseph played on the Central High School golf team and the Club Golf Team at James Madison University, which included two State Championship appearances and one National Championship appearance respectively.
- Joseph's best round of golf was at Shenandoah Valley Golf Club with a 2-under-par 69!
- Joseph lives in Harrisonburg, VA. where he enjoys spending time with his wife Claudia and their two beautiful girls, Casey and Chloe and son Miles. In addition to his family, Joseph's interests are golf and motorsports.
- Chase is the newest member to the Mulligan’s Team, joining us in October 2021
- Chase graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Marketing from Eastern Kentucky University where he completed the Professional Golf Management Program, attaining his Class A PGA of America membership.
- Before Chase started his position at Mulligan's, he worked at Orchard Creek , Wintergreen Resort and Murphy Creek in Aurora, CO. He has also served as the Director of Junior Tournaments for the Kentucky PGA Section.
- In addition to his instruction, Chase is experienced with Custom Club Fitting and through multiple trainings and workshops is Trackman Level 2 certified as well as with Callaway, Cleveland/Srixon, Cobra, Mizuno, Ping, Taylormade and Tour Edge. He is a staff professional with Callaway Golf.
- Chase is certified with Operation 36, US Kids, and the Positive Teaching Alliance.