Meet Our Staff
LPGA Professional & Owner
- Nancy White has owned Mulligan’s Golf Center since March 2003. She is a Class A Member of the LPGA Teaching & Club Professional Division and also a Member of the LPGA Tournament Division. Nancy played on the LPGA Tour for 11 years from 1985-1995.
- After retiring from competitive play in the 1996, Nancy accepted the position of Head Golf Professional and General Manger of Ivy Hill Golf Club in Forest, Virginia. She remained in that position for 4 years.
- Nancy is a Certified Club Fitter, having attended many professional seminars and workshops including the Ping & Callaway Club Fitting Workshops. Nancy is a Ping Golf Staff Member.
- Nancy is originally from Prince Edward Island, Canada. She was inducted into the P.E.I. Sports Hall of Fame on May 5, 1980, as the youngest athlete ever inducted at 20 years old. In the 1979 Canada Winter Games, Nancy won one gold and four silver medals for speedskating. In 1980, she missed the Canadian Olympic Team for speedskating by a heartbreaking 11/100 of a second!
- Nancy’s interests away from the business of golf include RV camping, movies & reading.
Co-Owner & Director Of Instruction
- Wendy Kern is a graduate of James Madison University and has been in the Harrisonburg area for about 35 years. She is originally from Easton, Maryland. While at JMU, Wendy played for the Womens’ Golf Team and served as Captain of the team in 1989. Wendy has played golf for over 40 years, but her dream job is to teach others how to enjoy the game of golf for a lifetime.
- Wendy is a member of the LPGA, Class A Teaching & Club Professional and Top 50 Certified Operation 36 Coach. She is also Certified with US Kids and Positive Coaching Alliance.
- Having attended many professional seminars and workshops, Wendy is a Trackman Level 2 Certified Fitter and is also professionally certified by Callaway, Cleveland/Srixon, Cobra, Mizuno, Ping, Taylormade and Tour Edge.
- Wendy serves as a Staff Member with Callaway Golf
- Since 2006 Wendy has been the director of the Harrisonburg chapter of the USGA-LPGA Girls Golf Program in our area.
- In addition, Wendy hosts PGA Junior Camps as well as a Operation 36 classes and clinics.
- Wendy says, “My passion is teaching golf to all levels of ability. It is so rewarding to watch the game that I love grow through the advancement of young people, those just taking the game up as an interesting hobby, as well as those who have been in love with golf for years.”
- In addition to golf, Wendy’s interests are family, dogs and camping.
- Alex began his third career at Mulligans in June 2009. His first career was in the newspaper business, first as a sports writer and later as a copy editor.
- From 1990 to 2009, Alex taught in the Staunton and Augusta County school systems. He retired from teaching to pursue his passion – golf.
- Alex is learning daily about golf equipment and is eager to help fellow golfers in any way.
- Alex has been playing golf for 59 years (the golf gods have yet to give him a hole-in-one) and spends his spare time on any course or with his two sons and grandchildren.
- Joseph has been at Mulligan’s since March of 2019. Since then, in addition to his vast knowledge of equipment, Joseph has attended Trackman's certified training program and is a Level 2 Certified Trackman Club Fitter in addition to being certified with Callaway, Cleveland/Srixon, Cobra, Mizuno, Ping, Taylormade and Tour Edge. Joseph is on the professional staff with Mizuno.
- Joseph is one of our premier Club Repair specialists. He loves doing club repair and reshafting so that it is done correctly the first time and is the right fit for the golfer.
- Having started playing golf at the age of 12, Joseph played on the Central High School golf team and the Club Golf Team at James Madison University, which included two State Championship appearances and one National Championship appearance respectively.
- Joseph's best round of golf was at Shenandoah Valley Golf Club with a 2-under-par 69!
- Joseph lives in Harrisonburg, VA. where he enjoys spending time with his wife Claudia and their two beautiful girls, Casey and Chloe and son Miles. In addition to his family, Joseph's interests are golf and motorsports.
- Chip is the newest member to the Mulligan’s Team, joining us in the Summer of 2022
- Chip has been passionate about the game of golf since he was a young Junior Golfer. He was formerly the VSGA Junior Stroke and Match Play Champion and a two time VHSL State Champion. While playing for Virginia Tech's Big East Championship team, Chip earned the honor of Conference Rookie of The Year.
- After his years at Virginia Tech, Chip served as an instructor and assistant at Waynesboro CC
- For 13 years, Chip worked in Mobile Communications where he managed teams and served the various needs of their customers.
- Chip is a certified Operation 36 Coach and is a vital part to our team which serves our customers with great enthusiasm, courtesy and knowledge.
- Drew has been part of the Mulligan's team for several years now and has become a vital part of our team!
- He has played golf since the age of 5 and played for the Fort Defiance Golf Team for 4 years. He had his first hole in one a few years back at Ironwood and enjoys reminding Alex that he has one more than him!😂
- Drew is a Junior at James Madison University aspiring to get his bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems.
- Besides playing golf at a highly accomplished level, Drew also likes to spend his free time playing his guitar.
- Danielle is the GLUE at Grilligans-The Grill at Mulligans! She has been with us since early Summer 2023.
- She has 20 years of food service experience, and her past position before she came to Grilligans was as Executive Chef at the Byers Street Bistro in Staunton.
- Danielle lives in Staunton with her father and her son. She LOVES to cook! Her favorite dish is Beef Wellington but her family loves all of the southern dishes that she concocts for them at home.
- She is a part time caregiver for her Father and her son Matt plans to join the Marines next year.
- Danielle enjoys spending time with her family and friends by the water, trying to play golf and competing in pageants. Her current titles include Ms Pear Blossom, Ms Memorial Day and Outstanding Miss Star City. In addition, she loves volunteering her time and organizes a Coat Drive for the Salvation Army each year.